Terry McDanel

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Image sites Thing #28

I did some research on image sites this week. I found a comparison table, captured and edited it to find the best site to store images for my purposes. I dont know exactly what my purposes are but i would like to store family and neighborhood photos of which i have many megabits. So i looked for sites that were not limited in storage volume and sites that would allow high-resolution downloads. The capacity to link would be an added bonus if i ever need it for authored web pages but turned out not to be so easy to find.

For my purposes, Flickr did not rate well enough even to rank. It is very limited in many ways. Dot Photo, Fujifim and Webshots from CNET were all competitive. All have subscription costs, Fuji the lowest.

The best for me is Picasa from Google. They have an upload manager that handles all most any file type you can imagine, unlimited storage and are totally free.

If anyone wants the comparison table i could email it to you. I cant find a way to upload downloadable files to this blog site so if anyone wants it let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Banlang Luangvija said...

Hi Terry,
Happy New Year to you and your family!
I read your post , and I learned from you a lot too. I work on picassa too besides my flickr , and save some interesting pictures in my gmail webpage.
See you and Bob on Monday!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Banlang Luangvija said...

Hi Terry,
Happy New Year to you and your family!
I read your post , and I learned from you a lot too. I work on picassa too besides my flickr , and save some interesting pictures in my gmail webpage.
See you and Bob on Monday!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think it's great you did such a thorough comparison. I only compared Flickr and Picasa, but I chose Picasa, too. My only frustration is that some mashing sites only let you upload from Flickr, but I think that will change. Enjoy!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home